RAPID FIRE INTERVIEW WITH NAOMI ARNOLD
Get to know the Developing Coach Collective (DCC) founders…
5 Things About You That Are Not In Your Official Bio…
1. I’m married to a guy named Dusty and have an almost 6-year old kid named Daniel.
2. I have a reading challenge of 80 books this year and am currently at 48. I think I should increase it to 100. Follow me on GoodReads here! #BookNerd
3. I live in a regional coastal town called Yeppoon. Who says you have to live in the ‘big smoke’ to have a successful online business?
4. I’m in the 90th percentile on the introversion scale.
5. I get a red rash up my neck when I’m nervous or scared. If you join Developing Coach Collective you might notice it on group calls. #YupIStillGetNervous
5 Reasons Why You’re Looking Forward to DCC…
1. I believe in the important role of the compound effect in growing a thriving coaching business and feel this program and it’s call types will support members in taking consistent action and I’m excited about gently holding them to account here.
2. I’m passionate about the need for coaches and helping professionals to integrate Feminist Coach Theory into their businesses and client-work so I’m SUPER excited that we have leading expert guest teachers helping us do this!
3. I want to do more long-term deep work with people in order to form genuine connections and see sustainable change – rather than short term coaching packages. This feels like such a juicy, deep and sustainable way to connect with and support others who are passionate about being of service.
4. I believe that coaches and helping professionals need ongoing support in building their businesses and confidentially talking through client cases and issues. Other professions have means for ongoing professional development, supervision and mentorship – and I want those in the coaching space to have this too. I feel this program is a hopefully affordable avenue for facilitating this.
5. I am a life-long learner and know that I will personally learn so much from the guest teachers, my collab partner Cam and members. This is the program I want to take – so am excited that we just went ahead and made it ourselves!
5 Words or Phrases Past Clients Have Used To Describe You…
1. “International Coach of the Year”
2. “Gentle Powerhouse”
3. “True leader”
4. “Trusted advisor and ally”
5. “Local Identity” (This one always makes me 🤣)
5 Goals You Have For The Year Ahead…
1. To deepen and focus. I’m in a place in my business now where I want to pause from creating new things and instead focus on deepening and building on what I’ve already created. So for me, the year ahead will be all Developing Coach Collective, Gentle Business Mastermind, my 1-on-1 clients and preparing for the next round of training business coaches with Natalie MacNeil.
2. To slow down and create space. I’ve been juggling so many balls and working a lot. It’s time to put some balls down and focus on taking time out with family, being in nature and looking after myself.
3. To reach my 100 books target (look I just increased it to 100 from 80 🤣). Reading fiction helps me slow down.
4. To WOW my 1-on-1 and group program clients. As part of my ‘deepening’ process, I want to take things even more next-level with clients.
4. To prepare for a PhD in Feminist Coach Theory. I’m taking a little break from my Masters of Human Rights next semester to help me create space for the above goals – but also to feel into and research some moving parts when it comes to potentially starting my doctorate in the next year or two.
Nai’s professional bio…
Naomi is an award-winning life + business coach, entrepreneur, writer, speaker and researcher with a background in psychology, health, business and human rights. She helps kind and socially conscious people bring to life the dreams they hold for themselves, their loved ones and the world at large.
Naomi is also the co-creator of the Gentle Business Mastermind, Developing Coach Collective and Conquer Coach Certification Program where she trains and mentors business owners, entrepreneurs and coaches in strategically building successful and profitable businesses in a gentle, socially conscious and sustainable way.
Naomi has a Bachelor of Psychology with Honours, a life coaching qualification, is currently completing a Master of Human Rights, is certified as a B-Corporation and has completed a number of business and social justice trainings.
She has been featured in copious print, radio and digital media sources where she has been referred to as a “local identity”, “shining light”, “megastar”, “gentle powerhouse” and ‘international coach of the year’.
Through her award-winning coaching services and programs, speaking gigs, Dream For Others® podcast and resources, and academic research in human rights – Naomi endeavours to live a life of use to others and to help you do the same.